This is the line art of the 1st pic of a series of drawings about the consorts of the Nine Archdevils that I planned to do for eons. I'm so happy that I could draw the 1st at least.
Here is another version of the pic [link]
I started with Bensozia because I like her name and her story.
This is what I found on the net about her:
Bensozia was the consort of Baator's Emperor, Asmodeus. She's also referred to as the Empress of Hell, or Lady of Nessus.
According to scholars, Bensozia appeared as a beautiful, wingless, red-skinned she-devil with long white hair and completely black eyes. Her demeanor was cold and haughty, but polite.
Bensozia is often noted as having been a loyal and devoted consort who stood by her master at all times.
Unlike the Lord of Nessus, Bensozia appeared quiet and not so forceful, since little was heard of her until her recent death. She used to be the most powerful of the consorts but only could wield her power through Asmodeus, having little authority by herself. She is known to have commented, "I do not speak, it's not my place," in regards to this situation.
Shortly before the Reckoning of Hell, Bensozia was assaulted by the arch-lord of the 5th layer of Hell, Levistus. While she was leading a routine inspection of the layers, the ruler of Stygia came to her with the offer of becoming his consort if she helped him depose Asmodeus. Upon her harsh refusal, Levistus became infuriated and killed her along with her pit-fiend bodyguards. Asmodeus quickly spotted the act and imprisoned Levistus in a thick block of ice as punishment. The archdevil Geryon replaced him as the new ruler of Stygia. Later, when the Reckoning was over, Hell's overlord deposed Geryon and returned control of Stygia to Levistus.
Whether or not the Empress of Hell really died is still a mystery.
Here are the other drawings of the same series
- Zariel (imprisoned), former arch-duchess of Avernus and consort to Lord Bel [link]
- Lilis, arch-duchess of Dis and consort to arch-duke Dispater [link]
- Glwa, viscountess of Minauros and consort to viscount Mammon: work in progress
- Naome (deceased), former arch-duchess of Phlagethos, consort to arch-duke Belial and mother of Lady Fierna: work in progress
- Fierna, arch-duchess of Phlagethos, arch-duke Belial's and arch-duchess Naome's daughter: [link]
- Gazra, consort to Lady Fierna, current arch-duchess of Phlegetos [link]
- Cozbinaer (deceased), former arch-duchess of Stygia, consort of arch-duke Geryon (deceased Lord of the Fifth): work in progress
- Malagarde, countess of Malebolge and former consort of the previous Lord of the Sixth, viceroy Moloch: work in progress
- Batna (deceased), former arch-duchess of Maladomini and consort to the former arch-duke of Maladomini Beherit: work in progress
- Baftis (imprisoned), arch-duchess of Maladomini and first consort to arch-duke Baalzebul: [link]
- Lilith, arch-duchess of Maladomini and second consort to arch-duke Baalzebul [link]
- Baalphegor, arch-duchess of Cania and consort to arch-duke Mephistopheles: [link]